Matthias Church is a Roman Catholic church located in Budapest, Hungary, in front of the Fisherman’s Bastion. It was originally built in Romanesque style in 1015, although no archaeological remains exist. The current building was constructed in the florid late Gothic style in the second half of the 14th century and was extensively restored in the late 19th century. During World War II the church was badly damaged. Matthias Church was used as a camp by the Germans and Soviets in 1944–45 during the Soviet occupation of Hungary.
Today the church has 7 bells, 6 of them are located in the bell tower and the last damaged bell hangs in the cavalry tower.
The five-manual organ, which had been destroyed during the war, was updated and sanctified in 1984.